Header Ads

test

Fela’s Daughter Yeni Kuti Speaks On Her Surprise Engagement


One of late Fela Anikulapo Kuti’s
children, Yeni Kuti has spoken about her
surprise engagement which happened on
the 24th of May, during her 55th surprise
birthday party. According to Yeni, she
never knew about the surprise party,
neither did she know that her man of 9
years will propose to her. While speaking
with The Entertainer, the mother of one
was asked how she felt about the
proposal. Yeni said;

I was shocked! I was very happy because
I didn’t see it coming at all. In fact, the
surprise party blew me out of my mind; it
was a double shock for me; I thank God
my shock absorbers are still working.
If she’s is considering marriage following
the engagement Yeni said:
Not at all. The ring my partner gave me is
what they call ‘a commitment ring’. He
gave me his mother’s wedding ring as a
commitment to the relationship. We have
been together for about nine years. When
I met him, he used to wear the ring
around his neck, so for me, it is a big
deal. Continue…

He has entrusted me with something very
close to his heart. It is not like we are
going to start doing wedding and all that,
even though we are really committed to
each other. I call him ‘my last bus stop’. If
God gives us long life and says there
should be another man in my life, he is
the man for me and I believe I am the
woman for him as well.
When he made the proposal, we didn’t
know that it was going to go viral.

No comments

What do you feel about this post?

Feel free to drop your comments