Header Ads

test

Diego Costa Fires Back At Critics

Chelsea striker Diego Costa ,who is famed for his aggressive style of football on Friday said he wont change his style of playing and people will just have to get used to him.
“Some people seem to think football is like theatre, and that everyone has to play the good guy. But I think that you transform when you cross the white line, you’re not the same person as off it. I give no quarter and I ask for none.
Out there I’m going to fight for my team and do the best I can,” Costa was quoted as saying by the BBC.
“Afterwards, when the match is over, I have my family and my friends. I have fun like a normal person. But on the pitch don’t try and put wings on me, as I am no angel.”
The Spaniard has already been slapped with two bans this year — first for stamping on Liverpool’s Emre Can and then for a clash with Laurent Koscielny of Arsenal.
“I’ve got this far thanks to the way I play the game, I’m not going to change that because of what people may think of it,” he said.
“I think that football has always had a passionate, aggressive side, with players giving their all,” Costa added.
“People have to get used to this.”
The 27-year-old has however, managed to get on the score sheet only thrice this season.

No comments

What do you feel about this post?

Feel free to drop your comments