Header Ads

test

Fake Lawmakers Send Death Threats To Whistleblowers in ondo

The two contestants for the Ondo State Assembly seats in Ilaje I and 11 constituencies, Abayomi Akinruntan and Coker Malachi, are alleged to have sent death threats to the supposed whistle blower who exposed their illegal swearing in as state legislators.
In a statement allegedly sent to Sahara Reporters, the whistle blower; Lawson Akintokun alleged that Malachi called his mobile phone numerous times to threaten him for alerting the police about the fake legislator’s criminal forgery of an electoral document.
Akintokun, had earlier written a petition to the Ondo State police commissioner, claiming his life was in danger as the two lawmakers kept on threatening him.
10996554_761295100651434_7458278715190820813_n
Coker Malachi
Akinrutan
Akinrutan
The petition reads in part: “Mr. Malachi Coker about 11:51 a.m. of 08/07/2015 called me with GSM Number 0806661442 wherein he threatened to kill me no matter where I may be in Ondo State and that I should not venture to come down to Igbokoda otherwise I should consider myself dead.
“He even informed me that he has perfected [a] plan to eliminate Hon. Gbenga Edema and I should desist from associating with him otherwise I do so at my own peril.”
Akinrutan and Malachi, are members of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP), and were allegedly exposed for forging certificates of return as elected lawmakers from their respective constituencies on Monday.










Akintokun, asked the polie to hand over matters to the Special Anti-Robbery Squad (SARS) as the suspects have been seen walking around with a large number of thugs.
Segun Agbaje, the Ondo State Resident Electoral Commissioner (REC), told Sahara Reporters that the commission never issued certificates to the two suspects.
He said: “As far as I am concerned, INEC has not given them (Mr. Akinrutan and Mr. Malachi) a certificate of return.”
A police source claimed the suspects were being investigated and alleged that they may be on a  “wanted list”.
The source said: “If our investigation shows that they actually forged certificates of return, they will be arrested and will face the music.”
See pictures of the petition by Lawson Akintokun below:
1-c8c0fadaa22-9cf4219d203-36272f731c

No comments

What do you feel about this post?

Feel free to drop your comments